One of the best beauty salons in London which I find myself visiting time and time again, is the Urban Tanning Salon. Not just for their awesome Stand-Up tanning beds but also as the best waxing salon in Clapham Junction.
Regular visits to a beauty salon go a long way to help with your skin care. Plus, we are all so busy in our everyday lives that sometimes we forget that we need to stop and take the time out of our hectic schedules to look after ourselves.
I especially like that they use Hot wax or strip wax depending on the area…
“Hot wax” and “strip wax” are two different methods for waxing that both achieve largely the same results.
Hot wax is spread thickly onto the skin and allowed to dry slightly before it is peeled away. This can be less painful than most as it pulls hair directly from the roots – you’re likely to get fewer in-grown hairs, less breakage and therefore longer re-growth periods. Hot wax can also help to promote skin hydration and is highly recommended for sensitive areas.
Strip wax is usually best for thicker hair or for parts of the body with less sensitive skin such as legs, arms, back, shoulders or the chest. With strip waxing, a thick layer of wax gets applied to the skin and hair is removed using paper strips. Both are effective and both methods deliver benefits over shaving.
Here’s why I use Urban Tanning waxing:
- Waxing lasts longer than shaving as it pulls the hair directly from the roots.
- The results of waxing feel smoother because of the fact that hair is pulled from the roots. So, with waxing you can enjoy that silky smooth feeling on your legs for much longer than you can if you shave! Plus waxing can help to exfoliate the skin at the same time.
- When done by professionals, waxing is fast and convenient.
- Cuts or nicks from shaving can leave you with scars – waxing is less abrasive than shaving.
- Shaving can cause rashes on sensitive skin – with waxing this isn’t the case.
- When done on a regular basis, waxing makes the hair re-growth slower and finer.
- With waxing you get no unwanted stubble.
- Waxing is ideal for removing hair on larger parts of the body (like the back or the shoulders) and large clumps of hair can be removed at a time.
- Done right (and by trained and experienced beauty therapists) waxing is not always painful.
- Skin is less susceptible to irritations associated with shaving.
Urban Tanning provides both hot and strip wax options and have a clean salon with super friendly staff.